Music is life. Therefore, when I’m not making it, I like to hear it. Song requests will be active during breaks and during dev time when I’m not working on music (or testing audio in the game).
The !songrequest [search term] command allows you to request a song. You can also shorten this to !sr. This searches YouTube for the term provided and puts in the first song it finds. If you want a specific song, it’s usually best to list the artist before the song title.
For example, !sr o-zone ma ya hi lucas prata gets you the English version of O-Zone’s Dragostea Din Tei. Also, !sr mega man gets you (as of writing) Tay-K — Megaman ( Official Video ) (Prod. By Russ808) Directed by @DONTHYPEME #FREETAYK, because that’s apparently the most popular Mega Man video that AnkhBot recognizes as music.
You can have up to 2 songs in the queue. Each request costs AP based on your status:
- New viewers: 200 AP per song
- Regulars: 100 AP per song
- Subscribers: FREE song requests
Use !wrongsong if the system adds the wrong song. This will refund your points, so don’t worry! You can try again.
Regulars can use !skip to cast a vote for skipping the current song. This costs 50 AP. When a song gets 5 skip votes, it gets skipped. I want you guys to enjoy the music, too!
Subscribers can use !veto to force-skip a song at a cost of 250 AP. This immediately skips a song, no questions asked.
I reserve the right to veto any song at any time for any reason. Music preferences are a mysterious thing, but mine are pretty lenient. Here are things I particularly like:
- Video game music.
- Electronic music with a strong theme and not too much noise or shrieking for attention (ahem dubstep).
- All sorts of pop and rock from any era. Can’t handle too much brass, though, so the swinging 20’s may be questionable.
- More singing, less rapping. If there is rapping, at least some flow and rhythm to the thing, and not indecipherable grunting.