Hello, world! My name is Joshua McLean. I’m a professional composer and audio engineer with a strong technical background and a passion for games.
Click here for samples of my work including a demo reel and past projects.
Styles: Electronic, orchestral, chiptune, retro game (16-bit), rock, metal, pop, piano
Skills: Music composition, production, and arrangement. Sound design and recording. C, C++, C#, Python, and Unity. Ready and willing to pick up new tools and engines.
|“Joshua not only makes amazing music, but he does it quickly and professionally. You can really hear his heart in the music.”
— Nathan Blake Games
|“I’ve worked with Joshua on Ludum Dare jam entries for the past couple years. I reach out to him first because he’s a blast to work with and no matter what crazy idea I throw at him, his work always takes it to the next level.”
— Noah Ratcliff
I offer the first piece of music or up to three sound effects for free to use in your game, movie, film, or other project. That way, you know if I’m the right choice.
Not satisfied? No problem! Use it (with credit) in your game at no cost to you, or not.
Happy with my work? Excellent! I look forward to working with you more.
These prices are flexible estimates, and can change based on the complexity and length of the song, and the budget you need to work with. I am also open to royalty share if you can provide a solid opportunity.
- Music license (game/film/etc.):
- Regular: $40 – $50 USD per song 0:30 to 1:00 minute; $60+ per song over one minute
- With Professional Mix/Master: $80 – $100 USD per song 0:30 to 1:00 minute; $120+ per song over one minute
- Shorter songs: Negotiable package deal for a minimum of 30 seconds
- Full music rights: $300 USD per song
- Sound effects: $5 – $10 USD per effect, with bulk discounts for many
- Voice recording (over 5 minutes): $60 USD per finished hour ($5 per 5 minutes)
- Shorter recordings: Negotiable
- Audio implementation (Unity): $40 USD per hour
Discord: Joshua McLean 🎵#0648