Hello, world! My name is Joshua McLean.
I’m a professional composer, sound designer, and audio programmer with a passion for games.
Click here for samples of my work including a demo reel and past projects.
Why pick me over the competition? My skills extend beyond audio:
- Tools, skills, and experience to create dynamic, emotional music and precise sound
- Game design development experience informs creative decisions, so audio serves the game’s mechanics and feel
- Degree in computer science and experience in programming, engines, and audio tools cover all necessary tasks to move from composition to in-engine implementation with all steps between
If your project needs custom, dynamic audio to amp up the experience, please contact me:
Styles: Electronic, orchestral, chiptune, rock, metal, pop
I am also a programmer with 2.5 years of independent game development experience under a startup company. During this time, in addition to working toward developing an in-hour engine, I wrote documentation for code style and organization, which has been a focus of my work.
Languages: C, C#, Python, C++, and Java
Engines/frameworks: Unity, Pygame, SDL, LibGDX, and Ren’py.
- Game development in C, C#, Python, C++, or Java (with engines/frameworks such as Unity, PyGame, SDL, LibGDX, and more)
- Clean, well-organized, and well-documented code structure for easy modification
Check out my GitHub and BitBucket profiles for code samples, or my projects on itch.io.